Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nostalgia

I often think about the girl who had fun,

Who got wet in the rain and burnt under the sun,

Who did what she wanted, when and how,

Didn’t care for anything that had to be done NOW.



Read to the moon till half past three,

The girl who was born to be always free, (but was she?)

Woke up secure in the love and care

Of her always dependable Mère and Père.



Her parents gave her wings to fly

She learnt to always win and to never say die.

Took life by the horns and bent it her way,

Lived not for the past, nor the future but TODAY.



Will of iron, heart of gold

Mind on fire, tongue never on hold.

Never believed things could ever go wrong,

She was clear, confident, her spirit very strong.



I miss that girl who got lost one day,

Followed a pied piper and went astray.



Her wings cropped, her spirits broken

Caged by life with a gold ring as a token

Of a promise to love till death do them part,

But it was life itself that finally drew them apart.



I often wonder will she make it or not?

Will she get up and go or sit and rot?

The girl I once knew, I miss her a lot

Oh I miss her a lot, I’ll always miss her a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment